Presidential Cabins are secluded away in the pines in the town of Keystone, at the foot of Mount Rushmore National Memorial. The property has a private resort atmosphere, with breathtaking views of the surrounding Black Hills and the mountain sculpture itself.
But this isn’t a remote retreat. The restaurants, shops, and family attractions in Keystone are just a short walk down the lane. It’s the closest town to Mount Rushmore, and it’s full of fun things to do, including zip lines, cave tours, helicopter trips, museums, and even a vintage steam locomotive that’ll take you 12 miles along an alpine track to nearby Hill City.
And since you’ll be in the very center of the Black Hills, you’ll be less than an hour’s drive from dozens of important sites, including:
- Jewel Cave National Monument
- Wind Cave National Park
- Custer State Park
- Reptile Gardens & Bear Country USA
- Deadwood – A National Historic Landmark
- Needles Highway & Iron Mountain Road Scenic Byways
- Naturally heated pools in Hot Springs
And several other major parks are less than two hours away:
- Badlands National Park
- Devils Tower National Monument
- Minuteman Missile National Historic Site
Rapid City Regional Airport and Interstate 90 are about a half hour by car.